Processing of liquid products often incorporates air and unwanted gases into the product. These gases normally cause problems such as oxidation, discoloration, inconsistency, bad smell and filling difficulties. The PerMix PDA series Vacuum Deaerators are a totally compact sanitary device designed for the continuous automatic removal of air or other occluded gases from any type of liquid or paste, by means of vacuum.
PerMix PDA Vacuum Deaerators can handle numerous processes including (but not limited) the manufacture of food products, cosmetics and chemicals amongst others, need to avoid air oxidation to ensure a correct preservation or application. End products can be mentioned, such as sauces, fruit pulp, cosmetic creams, syrups, PVC dispersions, lubricants, car polish, shower gels, paraffin and penicillin emulsions, ice creams, adhesives, etc.
Many metal materials are available to build the Vacuum Deaerators including but not limited to: Stainless steel 304, Stainless steel 316L, Carbon steel (Mild steel), Duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy C276/C22, Titanium, Alloy 904L, etc.
The PerMix PDA series Vacuum Deaerators have a lot of optional features available including:
- PerMix Deaerators have pneumatic or electrical lifting or lowering of the top cover
- PerMix Deaerators have speed of distributor plate infinitely adjustable
- PerMix Deaerators have special level control for sensitive products
- PerMix Deaerators have various vacuum systems available
- PerMix Deaerators have sanitary designs
- PerMix Deaerators have higher pressure discharge pump
- PerMix Deaerators have jacket for heating or cooling
- PerMix Deaerators have special materials of construction
- PerMix Deaerators have portable design/on casters
- PerMix Deaerators have fully automated for "stand alone" operation with PLC control cabinet
- PerMix Deaerators have explosion-proof construction for flammable product
The PerMix PDA series Vacuum Deaerator starts to work by forming a very high vacuum in the chamber up to -0.95barG, and then to load the product. The product can be even sucked into the chamber by the vacuum if it is with low/middle viscosity, or be transferred with a pump.
The deaeration begins with the formation of a fine layer of product, which is distributed firstly on a high speed centrifugal disc with dismountable sieves surrounding it. Depending on the product character and/or processing requirements, the sieve number can be from 0 to 3, with the sieve hole size also to be decided, typically from 1-3mm.
The creation of fine layer under vacuum makes the air bubbles in the product burst and the product is then deaerated. Besides, during its passing through the sieve holes, the product particle is subject to shearing, folding, particle size reduction, etc, which results in even better separation of air from product particles.
Away from the centrifugal disc, the product is then sprinkled in radial direction toward the chamber wall. It then stops there, flows by gravity, and forms another layer all over the wall below the centrifugal disc, and finally arrives at the discharge port, and discharged by means of a positive displacement pump (screw pump, diaphragm pump or the other type).
PerMix Vacuum Deaerator model PDA-125
Copyright © 2019 PerMix North America - All Rights Reserved.
INTERNATIONAL OFFICES & SUPPORT
Copyright © 2020 PerMix North America - All Rights Reserved.